Sunday, December 23, 2012

2 more sleeps!!

 
Hope that this finds you chilled out and organised.  Today is a good day.  Our coffee machine is back and is finally making a good cuppa, unlike the watery blah stuff it was spitting out.  Also a good thing that it's not just about exploding when we turn it on. LOL  Gav went out to Mapua to pick it up, as the thought of no good coffee for two weeks did not thrill us. 
 
So first up, the preschool teacher gifts inspired by Pinterest.  Basically a small jar half filled with hot chocolate, half filled with marshmallows and a small bottle of baileys on the side.  Num num.  The tag is made with the PTI friendship jar.  I have also used PTI button twine.  This is a staple in my stash AND IT'S JUST RUN OUT. 
 ****Does anyone know where I can buy this thin button twine in NZ?****  Otherwise I may have have to put another PTI order through in the New Year (wink wink).
 

So after these were gifted I told the engineer that they were well received and he goes "Of course they were, they contained booze" LOL. 


Have been using old sewing patterns to wrap some of my presents- girlie ones that is!!

 
Here's the cake.  Not my best effort, but hey the kids didn't mind.  Didn't realise until viewing the photos later that the Chipmunks people had put my whole pack of candles on (not just 6!!!!) and that one of the spiders had been knocked off it's perch- or his legs as the case may be.   Oh well, noone seemed to notice. 

I branched out and instead of doing my standard kid's birthday butter cake, I used Annabel Langbein's chocolate cake, which really is divine.  I usually make the ganache to go with it but for the party just did a butter cream icing.  Here is the link for the chocolate cake  http://annabel-langbein.com/cooking/recipes/recipe/?id=279


 
And finally the fellas eating their pud on Ol's new skateboard, on our NEW CONCRETE PATH whoop whoop.  Yes it's the little things.
 

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours. xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. What a fab gift and can see why they were well recieved. No idea about the twine but have you checked out the Whimsy Farm twine from Australia. If you are doing an order (wink wink) wouldn't mind one of those friendship jar dies!!! The cake looks great and only you would have noticed what was wrong. LOL. Merry Christmas right back at ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers alwasy need anaethetised round this time of the year! Probably bout time I did teh PTI order!!!

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky preschool teachers! The cake looks great. And if you do an order, there's one or two things I really 'need' LOL.

    Sally, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas (and that you take heaps of photos lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gift ideas you are so thoughtful Sally.
    We should of got some o that twine in our last order. Keep me in the loop if you doing another order please? Ohhh and that recipe of Annabels is definitely a keeper for sure..

    ReplyDelete